paintings

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Teapots

Teapots
Everyone must have fond memories of having tea with a friend, a grandmother or maybe your our kids.
I discovered my love for teapots and painting them when I was in the hospital sixteen years ago on bed rest with my third child.
I didn't have much to do and I had my watercolors and memories of laces and Victorian styled teapots.
The paintings brought me comfort in a dark and emotional time in my life.
After my son was born (3 1/2 months early) I still continued to find the comfort of  making art from teapots.
I can't believe that my little 1 1/2 lbs son is going to be 16 this year and is amazing as all my children.
I will always remember the love,comfort and warmth painting those teapots brought to me.
Here are some resent paintings;




No comments: